The term “Camcab” refers to the company named “Camcab Ltd.” (Company number 05182440), whose registered office address is:
4 Ronald Rolph Court,
- The pronoun “you” and the adjective “your” refer to any individual placing a booking with Camcab, whether for themselves, on behalf of other individuals or on behalf of any company.
- When booking a taxi to take you to an airport, it is your responsibility to allow for potential traffic delays and check-in times required by your airline. Moreover, you must ensure that all passengers are ready for collection at your booked time.
- You must clearly state both the number of passengers and the amount of luggage to be brought on the journey when booking as these factors influence the size of the car (and therefore the price of service) Camcab sends to you.
- If you wish to transport a wheelchair, you are to specify this at the time of booking.
Prices and Payment:
- You will be provided with a price quotation that is based on the information you are asked to supply. Camcab may amend this quotation if any of this information changes.
- The price quotation you are given includes motorway toll fees and congestion charges. For airport collections, this extends also to the cost of car parking at the airport and an initial waiting period of thirty minutes after the agreed collection time (after which you will be charged at an hourly rate).
- If you elect to accept the price quotation you are given for an airport collection, you will receive an email confirming your booking. You are responsible for checking this email to make sure the information it contains is correct. Camcab will not be held responsible for any delays caused or costs arisen as a result of your failure to provide Camcab with the correct details that are needed to facilitate the booking.
- All online airport prices are based on journeys to or from the Cambridge City Centre.
- Bookings for airport drop-offs may be paid for either in cash, by credit card or by debit card. There is a five percent price charge on card payments, and a further five percent price charge if you pay with an American Express card.
- Bookings for airport collections must be paid for in advance (that is, at the time you make the booking) and may only be paid for by card.
Service and Conduct:
- You will be held responsible for the behaviour of every passenger in the car during the journey. In the unlikely event that any passenger soils the car, you will be charged.
- Neither eating, drinking nor smoking are permitted in the driver’s vehicle.
- Camcab will not carry more passengers than its licensing or insurance allows.
- Camcab will exercise due diligence in taking you to your destination in good time, but shall not be held liable for any losses in time caused by weather, road or traffic conditions that are beyond its control on the journey. Moreover, there are no circumstances under which these factors will cause Camcab to be liable for any loss of profits, business or any indirect or consequential loss whatsoever.
- All luggage is carried entirely at your risk.
- Camcab has the right to cancel all services and to provide refunds in the event of any extenuating circumstances which lie beyond its control such as a national emergency, terrorist attack, riot, natural disaster or war.
- You will indemnify Camcab against all losses, expenses, costs or damages caused by the actions of any passenger for whom you are responsible.
- Neither party excludes or limits its liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for wilful default or fraudulent misrepresentation, or otherwise in any manner unenforceable by any applicable law.
- Camcab has the unconditional right to refuse or to terminate any booking if and when it places any driver or vehicle at risk of violence, damage or abuse by either you or any passenger for whom you are responsible. No refunds will be given if the journey is terminated on an occasion such as this part-way through the hire.
- Under this Agreement, Camcab can subcontract its obligations. You shall not assign, transfer or delegate any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- Camcab reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting online. You are responsible for reviewing these terms and conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
- Camcab will store, process and use all information regarding your personal details in strict accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998.
- This Agreement and any accompanying price quotation represent the entire agreement between you and Camcab in relation to its subject matter. If there is any discrepancy between the terms of this Agreement and the quotation, then the terms of this Agreement shall prevail.
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer any benefit on any third party, whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, and no third party shall have the right to enforce any rights under this Agreement except where otherwise agreed in writing.
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with English law, and you and Camcab each agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in respect of any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.